Infographics
An infographic is a form of displaying information or data using graphics. Infographics are found in many places. For example schools/districts, hospitals, stores, gyms, Internet, magazines, libraries, etc. Remember infographics are a quick form of displaying information, and you may have already seen one without knowing it was an infographic.
There are many websites on the Internet that you can use to create an infographic. Prior to creating one, I explored several websites. The websites were easy to navigate and use. All offered free templates or you can upgrade (pay a fee) for additional templates. I viewed the following, before selecting one to use.
If your a beginner like me, all 3 websites have templates to choose from. (You also have the option to create your own.) After choosing a template, you choose how (select font, colors, shapes, etc.) to present your information. Once your infographics is complete, you can select how to share: online or print.
Personally, I liked both easelly and piktochart the best. Even though, easelly had more free templates versus piktochart. I was undecided on which to use, so I started creating an infographic using both. I would switch between both websites until I decided piktochart was the best choice for displaying the information. I used Social Media and the Workforce data report (Pew Research Center) to create my infographics.
Here's my infographic I created:
I will definitely continue to create and use infographics in my classroom. Several ideas have popped in my mind that I would like to further explore with my students. Since our district is transforming our classrooms into digital classrooms, I will present infographics to our staff and teachers.
Nice, Cynthia! I love that each infographic is unique. I did mine on Social Media in the Workplace, as well. It is so interesting to see how different people represented the same information.
ReplyDeleteNice, Cynthia! I love that each infographic is unique. I did mine on Social Media in the Workplace, as well. It is so interesting to see how different people represented the same information.
ReplyDeleteI also liked Easel.ly and Piktochart. I had used Piktochart once before, so I was more familiar with it. I think it is a perfect digital tool for a digital classroom.
ReplyDeleteI liked how Easel.ly was easy to use as well.
ReplyDeleteNice work! Your choice of graphics was very easy to understand.
ReplyDeleteIt's nice that your district is moving to digital classrooms and even better that you'll be able to take these wonderful ideas and integrate them. Infographics will be great to use in your classroom and even better once you get your students to make them themselves. The possibilities of the information they can use to create them is endless.
ReplyDelete